Wild Turkey Teriyaki Marinade
We got this recipe from a long time North Carolina turkey hunter. It is his favorite way to cook these birds. As soon as we tried it it was our favorite as well. People often say wild turkey tastes too gamy or tough. This simple turkey marinade will amaze you with how great your turkey turns out.
- Take one side of the wild turkeys breast meat and trim out the tendons and gristle.
- Cut the meat into 1-1.5 inch cubes and set aside.
In a blender combine the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
Blend on high till a uniform consistency is achieved. If you don’t have a blender (like us) it’s fine to mince up the garlic and mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the marinade to the cubed turkey chunks, cover, and let sit overnight.
- Skewer chunks and grill until corners darken.
We love this marinade. If you use it let us know how it works for you.